Unless you’re prepared to camp, travel in Namibia can be expensive. While their petrol is far more affordable than in South Africa, the country has a low population so resources are more scarce. This means everything has to be brought to site for hotels, which drives up the cost per night.
Finding lodges in Namibia that are affordable can be tricky. And if you’re like me, the thought of pumping mattresses at dusk, sandy tent floors and cooler box living lost its appeal when you left your tent at the last Ramfest.
These are EXACTLY the types of initiatives I want to support in Southern African. TOO few Africans have travelled for leisure in this continent and these are the type of programs that can help us improve that.
Namibian Lodge Discounts with Gondwana Collection
Who Qualifies for a Gondwana Card?
Citizens of the Southern African Development Countries (SADC) quality for the Gondwana Card. This means if you are a citizen of South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Eswatini (Swaziland), Madagascar, Tanzania, Angola, Zambia, Lesotho, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mauritius and Seychelles.
How Much Do Gondwana Cards Cost?
- Adults over 14 years – R200 or N$200 per card.
- Children under 13 years – R100
- Children under 5 years – no card required
What Does the Card Offer?
The Gondwana Collection offers some deals at an absolute steal. 40% off can make a HUGE difference to an overall journey. These are the main points of offer:
- Discounts on breakfast and accommodation only.
- Namibian citizens and residents get 50% off.
- SADC citizens get 40% discount.
- Dinner and activities are discounted by 25% for all Gondwana Card Holders.
Terms & Conditions to Note
- Tour operator bookings do not qualify.
- Bookings made before the card is received do not qualify.
- Discounts do not apply to camping rates or expired cards.
- Geisterschlucht Cabin does not qualify.
How Do I Get a Gondwana Collection Card?
- Register on the Gondwana Collection website (e-mail addy & PW).
- Go to the Gondwana Card page (must have store.gondwana in the URL).
- Add your personal details (ID number, Nationality, City, Postal Code, Country, Mobile number, e-mail address).
- Select how you want to receive the card (collected, posted, etc.)
- Add Copy of your ID and click Submit Card.
You need to do this PER PERSON. You can’t have 1 card per couple, must be for each person who wants to qualify.
Once you’ve added your details your information will be processed over the next 2 weeks. A consultant will validate your details and confirm whether everything is correct. Once validated, your discounted rate will be applied to your account and you can make a booking.
That’s it! It’s a GREAT way to travel through Namibia and save 40% while you do it…considering it a 241 card. 🙂