International Flights From Cape Town
Cape Town International Airport’s passenger statistics continue a positive trajectory. In April, both domestic and international terminals recorded year-on-year monthly growth.
The domestic terminal recorded a 7% year-on-year growth in April when compared to the same period in 2022, with 574 000 passengers moving through the terminal. The year-to-date growth (Jan-Apr) is 3% below 2022 figures – this is an anomaly as Comair was still operating until the end of May 2022. We expect to see a positive growth trend for the domestic market after May 2023.
The international terminal saw a 39% year-on-year growth, in April, when compared to the same period in 2022, with 218 000 passengers moving through the terminal for April.
Here’s the latest international flight from Cape Town information – May 2023:
Direct Flights Between Mauritius and Cape Town
- Air Mauritius has restarted operations on its seasonal Mauritius to Cape Town route, started as of 19 March with two weekly flights MK843/4 on TUE & SUN.
The flights will be operated with a combination of A350/A339 aircraft until 30 Apr 23 and then from 02 May operations will be on the A330-200 aircraft configured with 264 seats (18 Bus / 246 Econ).
Flight Timings as follows:
Tuesdays & Sundays
- MK 843 – Departs MRU @ 16.15 – Arrives CPT @ 20.20
- MK 844 – Departs CPT @ 22.15 – Arrives MRU @ 05.20#
Due to aircraft rotational constraints, the A339 CPT weekly Sunday frequency from 26 Mar to 30 Apr 23 will operate 3h15mins later
- MK 843 – Departs MRU on a Sunday @ 19.30 – Arrives CPT @ 23.35
- MK 844 – Departs CPT on a Monday @ 01.20 – Arrives MRU @ 08.25
Direct Flights Between Ethiopia and Cape Town
- Ethiopian Airlines will add 4 additional frequencies to its Addis Ababa – CPT route. The service will operate 11 times per week, year-round from 26 March on an A350.
Direct Flights Between Belgium and Cape Town
- Air Belgium will operate its twice weekly triangular BRU-JNB-CPT-JNB-BRU as a year-round service from 31 March.
Direct Flights Between Eswatini (Swaziland) and Cape Town
- Eswatini Air will commence a new service from King Mswati III International Airport (SHO) to Cape Town. The route with operate 3 times per week starting 2 June 2023.