If you’re visiting Cape Town and looking to take a breather from your likely busy schedule, this is the brunch for you. The Radisson Blu V&A Waterfront hosts Breaker’s Brunch, Dubai style (code for – leisurely and indulgent) brunches on their back patio.
Watch dolphins glide by as boats sail past in the glittering Table Bay. The sounds of the soothing saxophone sings over relaxed house beats, as polite, well-dressed and amicable servers attend to their guest’s libation needs. Take a short leisurely stroll down the pier to observe Table Mountain, Cape Town stadium and the private marina.
Starting at 1pm and finishing around 4pm (although there’s no need to rush off), guests can indulge in appetisers which are rich in local seafood. Expect unlimited oysters 3 ways, calamari, muscles, crab sticks, deep fried prawns, seared tuna and fresh sushi.
There’s also a charcuterie section, cheese board and small bread station as well as veggie salads such as caprese, beetroot 2 ways, pasta salad, barley salad and a mixed mushroom platter.
For main course (yes, the food is in abundance!) guests can select a platter per person or for two from their meat, seafood or vegan menu. We chose the meat option and indulged in sweet, caramel like corn, grilled chicken wings, 3 cheese arancini balls, ribeye and brisket tacos.
For dessert, the buffet starts again! There’s a selection of both local and classic desserts from koeksisters to tiramisu. If something small if your preference, tuck into the chocolate covered peanuts, jelly tots or jelly babies.
And since this is a brunch, we can’t forget to acknowledge the MCC on arrival, mimosas on deck and pop up tequila shots that get served from time to time. The Breaker’s Brunch really is all about taking a good seat and staying down!
When To Book
Brunch dates are as follows:
- 29th Oct 2022
- 5th & 26th Nov 2022
- 3rd Dec 2022
- 7th & 28th Jan 2023
- 4th & 25th Feb 2023
- 4th & 25th Mar 2023
Booking is essential. To make a reservation call 021 441 3000 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Breaker’s Brunch Cost
- Includes selected alcoholic drinks such as cocktails, beer, wine and MCC.
- Excludes alcohol, but includes soft drinks.
- $45 with alcohol, $33 without.
- £40 with alcohol, £30 without.
- €45 with alcohol, €34 without .
- R795 with alcohol, R595 without.
Tips and What to Bring Along
- Jacket: Even though the weather was gorgeous when we visited, I’m not someone who likes to sit in a breeze. Unfortunately, the better the view the more the breeze! Luckily, I had brought along a coat which kept me perfectly warm. So I do recommend bringing along a warm jacket, however, if you sit closer to the doors then this isn’t likely to affect you as much.
- Dress Code: Spring Florals
- Stadium: Check the Cape Town stadium schedule as the traffic was exceptionally busy on the day we visited. Arriving or leaving before/after heavy traffic will ensure a pleasant experience.
- Parking: parking is available within the hotel, the security officers will direct you, however, we do recommend using an Uber if you intend to indulge in those free tequilas 😉 (Check the stadium schedule so you don’t get stuck in the uber during peek traffic times!).