[WIN] Table Mountain Cable Car Reopens Post Covid 2020
The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company (TMACC) is very excited to announce that it has reopened to all local and domestic travelers!
Thanks to the easing of the national lockdown regulations, TMACC is now ready to welcome local visitors back to one of Africa’s leading tourist attractions from Tuesday 01 September 2020.
This follows the Cableway’s earlier announcement of opening as a safety service for hikers during Alert Level 3 of the national lockdown. “We are really looking forward to being able to carry local visitors and domestic travelers up to the top of Table Mountain.
Just in time for Tourism Month, South Africans now have an opportunity to explore their country and its rich diversity of natural treasures, and we invite visitors to come experience our very own New7Wonders of Nature.” – says Wahida Parker, Managing Director at TMACC.
The cableway will operate between 08h00 and 15h00 from Monday to Sunday throughout September.
Health & Safety at the TMACC
Every step to ensure that the health and safety of visitors and staff remain the top priority. The TMACC have been engaging with the relevant industry bodies to ensure that it implements the safety measures that will protect its staff and visitors.
“As part of this, we will operate the cableway for visitors in accordance with health regulations and will follow strict Covid-19 health and safety protocols.”
- A maximum of 26 people plus the cabin master will be allowed per ride in the cable car to ensure physical distancing takes place.
- No person will be permitted to enter the cable car without a mask.
- The cableway will undergo a deep clean every 24 hours and will be sanitized after every ride.
- Hand sanitiser will also be provided at the lower and top stations.
Table Top Restaurant Information During Covid 19 Times
The WiFi lounge at the top station will be open for hot and cold beverages such as coffee, tea and water.
The visitors centre will be open at the lower station with snacks and takeaway meals (such as sandwiches, salads and an assortment of cakes) available at the kiosk.
Under level 2 regulations, visitors can also enjoy wine, beer and Glühwein at the WiFi lounge and lower station.
In order to encouraging cashless transactions, tickets will now be virtual and mobile based – removing the need to print out or carry physical tickets.
Working with its ticketing partner, Webtickets, “Not only is this beneficial for hygienic reasons, reducing contact points, but it also fits in with our long-term environmental strategy to go paperless.”
WIN Tickets To Go Up The Cable Car
If you’d like to win a pair of tickets to go up the cable car, please complete the following:
- Competition closes on Sunday 20th of September 2020.
- Contestants must be over the age of 18 to enter.
- Prize includes 2 tickets only, all other refreshments and snacks for the winner’s own account.
- While Instagram is part of the competition, Facebook is the platform where a name will be chosen via random comment picker.
- Winners will have the tickets e-mailed to them in order to be presented/printed on their own accord/account.
- Random comment pickers results are final. Prize can not be exchanged for cash.
- Prize must be claimed within 6 months of being sent.
- Entrancees agree to having their e-mail addressed added to Got the Passports for general marketing.
- Got the Passports will not sell/share any personal data with 3d parties who are not a partner of this competition.
TMACC was recently awarded the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travel stamp – the world’s first global safety and hygiene categorisation for travel and tourism.
If you’d like to read more about the TMACC’s strict Covid-19 health and safety protocols for visitors, head to the Table Mountain websiteTable Mountain website.
I need need need to win this so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make my dream come true!!! Never been on the cable car before! Always wanted to!!! So keeping thumbs cross to win yay!
I would really love to win this prize!
I would like to win this for my husband birthday
Never been up table mountain…would love to win this prize
I would love to win!
Would really love to win this awesome prize as myself and husband haven’t been to tableountain nor experienced the cable car. This would be awesome for our anniversary on the 24 Sept
Would love to take my son to see one of the 7 wonders of the world.