Thanks for your interest in entering a competition on Got the Passports! While we run competition in order to “reward” our loyal readers who share a passion for travel, it’s important to ensure we are clear about our expectations when running a competition.
Should you enter a competition on Got the Passports blog, the following competition rules and regulations apply:
- All competitions (“the campaign”) on this site are operated by Got the Passports, a personal travel blog in the Republic of South Africa and is conducted in association with a brand (“the client”) featured in competition blog post. Readers and social media followers who enter any competition will be known here on out as “the participants”.
- The participants acknowledge that by submitting her or his entry and/or participating in the Campaign, that s/he has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before participating and that s/he understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the participants gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds Got the Passports and the Brand associate harmless including its directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in this Campaign and related events and activities.
- Each competition will have the start and end or draw dates clearly stated within the post. Winners will be chosen via a random comment picker and validated for all qualifying steps required.
- Got the Passports or the client reserves the right to cancel the Campaign and/or change the terms and conditions at any given time.
- In order to be able to participate in this Campaign, participants must
- be over 24 years old and a resident of South Africa;
- be a follower of the Got the Passports Facebook page at the time of the competition being drawn
- must comply with the Campaign mechanics by completing the requested steps and
- submit the details as requested. Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if the entrant does not provide all requested information, and may be required to provide their name, surname, telephone number, ID number and e-mail address in order to receive the prize if won.
7. Dates for claiming the prize can not be moved due to previous bookings or commitments. Extra rules and stipulations may be added to each individual blog post for clarity.
8. The prizes won or booked via this Campaign are subject to the client’s terms and conditions located on their brand websites. Please adhere to any client regulations for claiming and using the prize since the property remains theirs at all times.
9. It is important to note that the email address provided when registering to participate in this Campaign will be used to validate the prize. Therefore, the discount will only be able to be attributed to your booking if the same email address is used.
10. The Participants must book their stay or claim their tickets before the closing date of this Campaign and travel within the validity of the prize dates.
11. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, may not be sold for cash or traded.
12. Please note accommodation, transfers, visas or insurances or medical insurances or car hire are NOT automatically included in any Campaign, unless specifically listed as part of the prize.
13. The participants must arrange their own transport related to their travels, these tickets and travels are used by the participants at their own risk.
14. Got the Passports and the client are not responsible for any travel insurance or medical assurances required for the travel. Therefore, by participating, you indemnify Got the Passports and its associates of any travel insurance or medical insurance claims during the travels contemplated or secured through this Campaign.
15. Any injuries suffered during a visit on a Got the Passport competition remains the responsibility of the participant and not Got the Passports or the client.
16. Got the Passports will treat your information, including personal information, in total confidence and will only share your information with our affiliates, investors, alliance partners and agents and will not sell, share or rent this information to any other third-parties. Therefore, by participating in this Campaign you consent to Got the Passports collecting and providing your personal information to third parties for the purposes of administering the prize and other marketing material.
17. By participating in any Got the Passports Campaign you also consent to your data bring processed and/or stored outside of South Africa, should the competition be in association with an international client.
18. Additional fees may be added in when confirming prizes.
19. The Campaign is open to everyone, including directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of Got the Passports and any of their holding, subsidiary or associated companies, their marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, and the family members of such directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants who are readers of Got the Passports.
20. Got the Passports may collect and use personal information about participants to unlock the prizes and notify participants of their prize and comply with audit requirements in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and to determine the participants.
21. Got the Passports may use the participant’s name and/or images in marketing material, which may include publication of the participant’s name and/or images on www.gotthepassports.com and the Got the Passports social media pages. For more about our how we use your personal information please read our privacy notice.
22. By participating in any Got the Passports website or social media Campaign, the participants agrees to indemnify Got the Passports (and its associates) and release and hold Got the Passports harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Campaign or resulting from acceptance and participation in this Campaign including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, loss of income and claims based on defamation or invasion of privacy.
23. Any reference to Got the Passports in terms and conditions shall be deemed to include a reference to Got the Passports website, YouTube Channel and any of their holdings, associated or affiliated companies and subsidiaries.
24. For any queries and/or further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.